Thursday, October 11, 2007

#6 Flickr fun

I never get tired of admiring sunset pictures. How can so many shades of a few colours create such a scene? This simply intrigues me. Having lived for most of my life on a coastline, whether in Australia or Europe, whenever we can sneak in a few days away, we head towards a beachside getaway. I love strolling along the beach, splashing in the water, walking on the wet sand and breathing in that fresh clean air, regardless of the weather. When in Perth, on a perfect summery day, nothing gives me more pleasure than sitting at Cottesloe beach or Fremantle, enjoying some fish and chips from Cicerello's and watching the sun set. It's so peaceful. There is one more thing I enjoy just as much and that is capturing that sunset on canvas, there and then.

No comments: